Bolou & CSR/Sustainability
RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS CHOICES & A STRONG CULTURE OF SUSTAINABILITY
At BOLOU, we have a strong focus on ensuring that the footprint we as a company leave on the world is as responsible as possible. A sustainable jewelery brand is a brand that creates with a commitment to promoting responsible social and environmental practices in all links of the value chain, in a transparent and responsible way. We are not quite there yet, but the journey to become a completely sustainable jewelery brand is something we are continuously working on, and we have come a long way.
At BOLOU we strive for sustainability and encourage our customers to buy ethically. Every year we spend time on an assessment process where we evaluate ourselves across social and environmental frameworks, philanthropy and innovation. We want to give our customers an assurance that we actively work to protect our planet's resources and take pride in our craftsmanship, service and design, by taking responsibility for both ourselves and those who are indirectly involved in the process of making jewelry. This includes, among other things, to avoid the use of so-called "conflict stones", monitor the use and elimination of chemicals in production, ensure that suppliers and sub-suppliers both comply with our ethical principles for production but also pay workers a local wage that provides a fair standard of living, purchase of raw materials that from sustainably managed ecosystems and the sourcing of ethical gold, which provides both traceability and positive social consequences.
That is why we also work together with sustainable suppliers & companies such as FOPE, Aktiv Guld & Wennick+Lefèvre.
Wennick–Lefèvre, gemstone partner in colored untreated gemstones
Wennick–Lefèvre is a gemstone company specializing in natural and responsibly mined and cut gemstones.
Every sapphire from W–L comes with full documentation and transparency throughout the supply chain. Their unique supply chain is created based on a strong responsible code. They are present and operate throughout the entire supply chain, from mine to customer. A gemstone from WL is a guarantee of, a unique gift from the Earth. The stones are not treated to enhance or alter the natural beauty of the genuine untreated gemstones. Untreated natural gemstones are considered the very finest and most valuable. Only 1% of the colored gemstones in jewelery are natural, while the remaining 99% are reinforced, using e.g. heat treatment.
All gemstones are accompanied by a transparency brochure and a certificate of origin.
Wennick–Lefèvre is a partner in EdenForest – for every stone sold, a tree is planted in Madagascar.
Do what you can
BOLOU Fine Jewelery supports a number of charities including:
THE DANISH HOSPITAL'S CLOWNS
THE CHRISTMAS HOMES